A handicap and a bike, two compatible things !
The association has strong principles with regards to cycling being an activity for everyone. For this reason and to permit handicapped people, the blind and partially sighted, to participate and take advantage of our proposals, we have put special equipment at their disposal.
The association has acquired 9 tandems, of which one is electrically assisted with rear rider steering, 3 electrically assisted bikes, and a “stricker”, a trailer attachment devise, adapted to wheelchairs allowing them to be connected to a hand bike. This equipment is destined for the use of the blind and partially sighted along with people suffering from balance disorders.
Sponsors and our network of bike rentals, along with care associations for handicapped people in the Vaucluse, the Alpes de Haute Provence and the Var, are in the process of producing numerous adapted outings.
Are you looking for an association or bike rental service with special facilities for handicapped people, in the Luberon and the Verdon area ? For more information, Contact us
Numeric access for everyone
Numeric access corresponds to the fact the handicapped people can access numeric services thanks to technical devises developed specially for their needs (braille terminals, synthesized voice systems, specialize command systems replacing the keyboard and the mouse…
Source : http://www.braillenet.org
Want to know more?
www.braillenet.org : an association for the development of accessibility to the French administration internet services (adele).
http://www.adele.gouv.fr/spip/article.php3?id_article=246 : for access to reference material for the French administration internet service.
Web browsing aid:
- At the top left of the computer screen, click on one of these tabs to enlarge or reduce the size of the characters in the text on our site, to help people with sight difficulties.
- At the top left of the screen, click on the one of the associations logos to access directly the home page of the pre-selected region.
- The scroll bar present on each page (Home » Vélo Loisir Provence » “Handivélotourisme” cycling tourism for the handicapped) facilitates the easy return to the tree without using the Mega-menu.
- The escape links are sometimes place at the top of the page. They enable one to return directly to a certain part of the page.
- Each photo presented on the page is complete with a “stop sign”. This provides the opportunity to describe the contents of the photo whilst it is not visible
- The internet site for “Vélo Loisir Provence” was created in respect of the standard code XHTML and conforming to the specification XHTML5.
- The access keys described below enable the web browser to jump rapidly to certain parts of the site.
- Accessibility rules : access key = ”0”
- Home page “Vélo Loisir Provence” : access key = "1"
- Home page “The Luberon by bike” : access key = ”2”
- Home page “The Verdon by bike” : access key = ”3”
- Site plan : access key = ”4”
- Direct access to internet search engine : access key= ”5”
- To contact us by email : access key = ”6”
- Legislation : access key = ”7”
The key combinations to enter these access keys are different depending on the browser being used. For this reason we have listed below the procedure to follow when activating the access key board with the principal browsers:
- Mozilla: press simultaneously on the “Alt” key, on the capitals key (for the figures in the higher case) and on any one of the other keys (but not the number pad). This should give you direct access.
- IE6: press simultaneously on the “Alt” key, on the capitals key (for the figures in higher case) and on any one of the other keys (but not the number pad), followed by the “enter” key to give you direct access.
- Opera an access key support introduced with version7, through the combination of “Esc”+ shift and (access key), in all the exploiting systems.
If, after all our efforts, errors are detected, please avert our attention to your problems.