Spanning the “départements” of the Alpes de Haute-Provence and the Var, the territory of the Verdon Regional Natural Park extends over an area of 180 000 hectares. From the northernmost village of Saint-Andre-les-Alpes, to the southernmost village of Aups.
Explore 7 individual and diverse environments:
- Lac de Sainte-Croix (Lake of St Croix)
- Les Gorges du Verdon (The Gorges of the Verdon)
- Lacs et montagnes du Verdon (The Lakes and Mountains of the Verdon)
- Le Plateau de Valensole (The Plateau of Valensole)
- Les Collines du Haut Var (The Hills of the Haut Var)
- Basses Gorges du Verdon (Lakes and Gorges of the Lower Verdon)
The park gives residence to approximately 30 000 inhabitants and the largest communities rarely exceed 3 000 inhabitants.
No of Communities : 46.
Principle Towns :
- Valensole : 2 600 inhabitants.
- Gréoux-les-Bains : 2 455 inhabitants.
- Aups : 1 903 inhabitants.
- Castellane : 1 500 inhabitants.
More information on the website of the Verdon Regional Natural Park.
Celebration of the 20 years of creation of the Park via a video